|To get a reliable solution to a roof problem, a building owner needs a fair and thorough assessment of the existing roof system. A complete evaluation requires on-site observation and sampling activities. Roof repair or replacement can have several pitfalls, including:
- Construction drawings or documents may not always show what was actually built.
- More than one roof system may exist on a building, i.e. one roof system installed over another.
- Roof deficiencies or damage are not always visible, and may require surveying, or sampling, such as:
- Test cuts/material sampling
- Physical and or quantitative analysis
- Nondestructive moisture surveys
- Infrared thermography
- Electrical capacitance